Immanuel Baptist Church was founded on June 14, 1925. The first pastor was J. A. Turner. The longest serving pastor was Glen Green, who now serves as Pastor Emeritus and our current Interim Pastor.
Immanuel was originally affiliated with the American Baptist Association. In 1950, our affiliation was changed to the North American Baptist Association, now called the Baptist Missionary Association of America.
The first church building was constructed soon after the church was founded. Construction on the next building, known as the Rock Church, was started in 1939. Our current building was completed in 1972, with a fellowship hall, and more classrooms added in 1988 and an activities building in 2008.
Our morning worship service has been broadcast on local radio since the 1950's, with our morning service currently broadcast live on station KMTB.